Unable to complete full reset

Anthropos

Apr 15, 2022
Hello, my Azeron is once again stuck in the infinite loading screen where no profiles are visible in settings. I have previously successfully completed a reset but this time I appear to be out of luck with the software. I am able to get to the point in the instructions where I press the reset button underneath the Azeron after opening firmware 28 with Teensy. After pressing down the reset button, the light on the Azeron goes off. The isntructions state at this point that the Program button on Teensy should become un-grayed out and able to be pressed. It isn't. The program button remains grayed and unable to be selected in Teensy after the reset button has been pressed on the Azeron and the lights on the Azeron go off. What can I do at this point? I should mention also that upon plugging in the Azeron Windows gives me an error that the last USB device you connected is not recognized and malfunctioned.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello, my Azeron is once again stuck in the infinite loading screen where no profiles are visible in settings. I have previously successfully completed a reset but this time I appear to be out of luck with the software. I am able to get to the point in the instructions where I press the reset button underneath the Azeron after opening firmware 28 with Teensy. After pressing down the reset button, the light on the Azeron goes off. The isntructions state at this point that the Program button on Teensy should become un-grayed out and able to be pressed. It isn't. The program button remains grayed and unable to be selected in Teensy after the reset button has been pressed on the Azeron and the lights on the Azeron go off. What can I do at this point? I should mention also that upon plugging in the Azeron Windows gives me an error that the last USB device you connected is not recognized and malfunctioned.
Could be a bad usb cable and when you are lifting the keypad to reset, it disconnects before that.
Are you using any extenders or hub ? Might also be that if it gives such error.

Anthropos

Apr 15, 2022
Thanks for your reply. I have the azeron layed on its side when I'm doing this and I don't see the light turn off until after I press the reset button the Azeron, so I don't think it is disconnecting from being lifted. I've tried in multiple USB ports and both directly into the computer and with USB hub. Regardless of where I plug the Azeron into, it lights up when plugged in and I get a Windows pop-up saying that the USB device isn't recognized. After pressing the reset button underneath the Azeron, the lights on the Azeron turn off, and the buttons in Teensy continue to be grayed out. This Azeron has worked in the past and I've reset it previously sucessfully when the Azeron software decided to stop recognizing the device.

Should I just assume the Azeron is bricked at this point?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I have the azeron layed on its side when I'm doing this and I don't see the light turn off until after I press the reset button the Azeron, so I don't think it is disconnecting from being lifted. I've tried in multiple USB ports and both directly into the computer and with USB hub. Regardless of where I plug the Azeron into, it lights up when plugged in and I get a Windows pop-up saying that the USB device isn't recognized. After pressing the reset button underneath the Azeron, the lights on the Azeron turn off, and the buttons in Teensy continue to be grayed out. This Azeron has worked in the past and I've reset it previously sucessfully when the Azeron software decided to stop recognizing the device.

Should I just assume the Azeron is bricked at this point?

Try a clean reset -
If that doesn't help, try a different usb cable.