Twiget's Cyborg Mods

Trazere

Sep 26, 2023
So, I love this adaptation here. Just curious... that if leaving original nuckles but spinning the pivot point 180 ... would that by chance also achieve more practicality? curious if anyone else thought along the lines of that. I feel like the action / pivot point is counter intuitive as it is. but like I mentioned already. Just rotating the pivot point of the action... could that work... interested in anyones insight on this

twiget

Verified member
Apr 4, 2022
So, I love this adaptation here. Just curious... that if leaving original nuckles but spinning the pivot point 180 ... would that by chance also achieve more practicality? curious if anyone else thought along the lines of that. I feel like the action / pivot point is counter intuitive as it is. but like I mentioned already. Just rotating the pivot point of the action... could that work... interested in anyones insight on this

I get what you're saying, @Trazere, but that would require a significant redesign the top part of the arm. Definitely a lot more complicated than just making thicker paddles.

Trazere

Sep 26, 2023
I get what you're saying, @Trazere, but that would require a significant redesign the top part of the arm. Definitely a lot more complicated than just making thicker paddles.
would it not just be the relocation of the pivot point? I haven't de-engineered / taken anything apart to see how it is assembled/ designed. My thought was from mere superficial analyzation. However most well-designed keyboards are typically so simple and symmetrical that it would be conceivable to drill holes in respective relation to accommodate such an idea. Forgive me if my superficial assumption is impractical. Ill take the time one day an look into this factor myself. I guess I was hoping that someone else out there has already looked into this and had a valid reason for the current orientation of the upper keys. also, thicker paddles definitely seem reasonable here, but seems a bit unrefined as a marketable solution. Essentially the armature design is flawed. Perhaps there needs to be another articulation or perhaps it should be curved and adjustable like the thumb key?

I truly appreciate your time in responding to this. Cheers