Towers keep getting loose

Veristar

Jul 29, 2022
Hi all,
i've been enjoying my azeron cyborg since July and recently i've been having a problem with the towers getting loose.

Whenever i press these buttons
1664655543990.png

the tower will fall down in the direction of the press. I've taken each finger apart and tightened every single screw, but after a day or two it will get loose again.
Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a faulty part?

Thanks,
-Veristar

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
is it reversible, if i need to change the angles?

Thanks for the reply btw!
Loctite is a brand of adhesives and threadlockers that are designed to hold bolts and screws in place forever. These prevent jarring and loosening during rigorous activity or under stress. However, due to the nature of the adhesive, Loctite adhesives can be very difficult to remove unless the proper techniques are observed.
But they have many such adhesives. maybe just use one of the weaker ones like the blue

TWisTeD

Verified member
May 10, 2022
Loctite is a brand of adhesives and threadlockers that are designed to hold bolts and screws in place forever. These prevent jarring and loosening during rigorous activity or under stress. However, due to the nature of the adhesive, Loctite adhesives can be very difficult to remove unless the proper techniques are observed.
But they have many such adhesives. maybe just use one of the weaker ones like the blue
I know Vibra-tite (https://www.vibra-tite.com/) makes a light adhesive that is used to hold screws tight against vibration. It's not a one-and-done thing, you can undo the screws again later. In fact you apply it to the screws and wait 30+ minutes before fitting them, it never completely sets.

Not exactly the same thing but could be worth looking at.

Another thing I've seen done on small screws, again to stop them loosening through vibration, a little bit of clear nail polish on the side of the screw head. It helps hold it and, if you need to move it later, breaks free easy enough when you try to undo it. Downside is that I don't know how the 3D printed parts react to the solvents in nail polish.