Suggestion for the Thumbstick

GabeDwarfGiant

Jan 1, 2022
Not all games support 360 movement, and in order to help remedy that I think a being able to apply zones to the thumbstick would be a good in-between.

A lot of a games support a walk or slower movement button. So, if we could get an option to set on the stick Walk+W if pushed a little, then just W once you push it further would be awesome. Also having the ability to size those zones would be cool as well. That way, full movement speed could be first then slow if you wanted it that way instead of the normal slow to fast.

That way on games that support it, you could have a more analog feel when games cannot support controller+KB/M inputs at the same time. I made a quick image to try and show exactly what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• ThumbstickZonesHD.png
    ThumbstickZonesHD.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 118
  • JoystickZones.png
    JoystickZones.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: Raised

Phishfood

Feb 4, 2022
If it's for a Steam game you can just keep it as xbox analog stick, go in to the controller configurator for your game and set the left analog stick to either radial menu or hotbar menu

Raised

Apr 18, 2022
I've been thinking about fine-tuning how much pushing the thumbstick to a side affects the analog signal. Currently, the convertion is linear, so the closer the thumbstick is to the centre, the more difficult it is to have precise control over it's movement because of many fluctuations that strive to snap the stick back to the centre. But if you implement conversion as some Bezier curve, or make the curve customizable, this problem would get resolved.
example.png