Save Macros to Oboard Memory

Rockybrb

May 4, 2022
Can we get functionality implemented to be able to save macros to onboard memory? Is this a hardware limitation with the Teensy board that is used with the controller?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Can we get functionality implemented to be able to save macros to onboard memory? Is this a hardware limitation with the Teensy board that is used with the controller?
It is a limitaion with teensy board. Unsure on whether macros will be available on on-board memory some day

Rockybrb

May 4, 2022
It is a limitaion with teensy board. Unsure on whether macros will be available on on-board memory some day
Is there another version of the Teensy board that I can upload the firmware into that will allow for macro storage? I assume it is a memory limitation given that I have seen other DIY controller keyboards using Teensy with macros stored onboard.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I assume it is a memory limitation given that I have seen other DIY controller keyboards using Teensy with macros stored onboard.
That is correct, wasn't any space on the teensy memory for that. On a side note i believe they use Teensy 2.0 maybe you can upgrade to Teensy 4.1 as it has two expansion sockets. You can install two PSRAM chips (64Mbit each) or one PSRAM chip and one flash chip.

Last edited:

Rockybrb

May 4, 2022
That is correct, wasn't any space on the teensy memory for that. On a side note i believe they use Teensy 2.0 maybe you can upgrade to Teensy 4.1 as it has two expansion sockets. You can install two PSRAM chips (64Mbit each) or one PSRAM chip and one flash chip.
I was actually looking into doing that exactly but was not sure if the firmware would operate exactly the same. If it does then it is a no brainer. The Teensy 4.1 is relatively inexpensive.

I did note that there may be a supply shortage, is there a similar or better Arduino board you would recommend?

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I was actually looking into doing that exactly but was not sure if the firmware would operate exactly the same. If it does then it is a no brainer. The Teensy 4.1 is relatively inexpensive.

I did note that there may be a supply shortage, is there a similar or better Arduino board you would recommend?
I haven't really looked in to Arduino boards much 😔

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I was actually looking into doing that exactly but was not sure if the firmware would operate exactly the same.
So there is a guy that made his own software for the keypad something to look in to, this repository contains source code and prebuilt firmware files for a modified Azeron keypad. Maybe you could contact him see if it can be made to work on other boards?

https://github.com/melaphor/trackzeron