Restrictor ring dead zones

wrenraveness

Jan 30, 2023
I just received the restrictor ring. The original thumbstick has too much movement for my short fingers. I followed the restrictor ring video guide. Calibrated the thumbstick without the ring, placed the ring, went to my profile to adjust the deadzone. No matter what I set the dead zones to, the thumbstick does not reach the W (up) or A (left) positions. D (right) and S (down) are fine. I have tried to adjust every setting in the profile thumbstick panel, without success.

How do I get the thumbstick to complete the circle with the restrictor ring in place?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I just received the restrictor ring. The original thumbstick has too much movement for my short fingers. I followed the restrictor ring video guide. Calibrated the thumbstick without the ring, placed the ring, went to my profile to adjust the deadzone. No matter what I set the dead zones to, the thumbstick does not reach the W (up) or A (left) positions. D (right) and S (down) are fine. I have tried to adjust every setting in the profile thumbstick panel, without success.

How do I get the thumbstick to complete the circle with the restrictor ring in place?
Make sure you are changing the deadzones on the profile you have set and highlighted.

wrenraveness

Jan 30, 2023
Make sure you are changing the deadzones on the profile you have set and highlighted.
Following the video, I did try to reset the deadzones following the calibration and adding the ring; both the upper and lower from zero to highest. Nothing works. The circle never reaches the up and left positions. What else will fix this?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Following the video, I did try to reset the deadzones following the calibration and adding the ring; both the upper and lower from zero to highest. Nothing works. The circle never reaches the up and left positions. What else will fix this?
Whats your deadzones now ?

wrenraveness

Jan 30, 2023
I think i got it. I must have done something wrong the first day. I started fresh today with a new calibration, put the ring on and reset the upper deadzone to 120. It now appears to be working correctly.

When looking at the software, the thumbstick dot is not in the middle, it is in the upper left area, wiggling a bit - but my movement appears to be working right.

Thanks for the assist and attention! @Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I think i got it. I must have done something wrong the first day. I started fresh today with a new calibration, put the ring on and reset the upper deadzone to 120. It now appears to be working correctly.

When looking at the software, the thumbstick dot is not in the middle, it is in the upper left area, wiggling a bit - but my movement appears to be working right.

Thanks for the assist and attention! @Im this guy
Increase the lower deadzone to get it to the middle. Try inreasing it by 10 till you get rid of the jitter and it`s back to middle