OSX 10.16 Big Sur compatibility

MacGeorge

Jan 19, 2022
I'm a Mac user and running OS X 10.16 Big Sur. The FAQ references using Joystick Mapper but a little research seems to indicate the utility is not up to date and not compatible with Big Sur. Do any current customers have any experience with this? Thanks.

Ultimate Feeder

Apr 4, 2022
Since macOS Catalina, new restrictions have been placed on drivers, and developers of driver software have had to deal with troublesome issues.
I guess that Joystick Mapper is one of them.

Although Windows is required to use Azeron Software, we have confirmed how to treat Azeron as a controller and use it after Big Sur using Karabiner-Elements.

Azeron setup on Windows side​

1. Launch Azeron Software in Windows.
  2. Select the desired Profile from On-Board Memory in the left column.
  3. Assign UNIQUE keys to all buttons.
  4. Set the Mode of the analog stick to Analog Joystick or Keyboard. (This will make the Analog stick available for Mac as well.)
  5. Write the above changes to OBM. This completes the work on Windows.

Azeron settings on Mac​

1. Connect Azeron to your Mac and check if you can enter the key set in Azeron Software in the appropriate text field.
  2. Install Karabiner-Elements, and then launch Karabiner-Elements Preferences.
  3. Simple modificarions -> Target device to select Azeron.
  4. Enjoy key mapping!

Last edited:

Ultimate Feeder

Apr 4, 2022
It is still difficult to use Azeron on a Mac....(However, Azeron itself is designed for Windows, so I think it can't be helped!)

The reasons are
First, it is not possible to write OBM only on a Mac.
Second, the key mapping in Karabiner-Elements is complicated.
Finally, advanced profile settings are difficult.

I have experience building several applications for MacOS. To solve these problems, I am developing an Azeron driver for Mac that can be configured via GUI, as if it were a DIY project.