My World of Warcraft Binds

Feli

Verified member
Jun 10, 2022
Yo, wanted to share these as there don't seem to be any yet.
I personally prefer not using modifiers in combat whenever possible.

Note that I heavily utilize additional mouse buttons - I put Potions, Healthstones and all my Heals on them.
Even if you have less mouse buttons you may achieve a similar result using modifiers.

Some other things about the binds:
- I originally intended the Crowd Control & Defensive rows to be swapped, but I sometimes miss clicked them trying to reach to the upper knuckle buttons. Not having a Defensive when you need it is a really bad time, so I put them on, for me, less susceptible buttons. May not be the case for you.
- The "Special DPS" button in this case implies Covenant Abilities, or anything in that direction.
- The center keys (Primary DPS) are the easiest for me to spam, followed by the second last row (Secondary DPS), so that's what influenced those for me. They were intended to be bound depending on how often the spell is used. Again, your results may vary.
- Raid & DPS cooldowns (Implying stuff with 2:00m+, or at the very least 1:30m cooldown) are usually pretty planned, so putting those on more accessible keys wasn't a priority for me.
- Interface Panels (Bags, Spellbook, ...) are all bound using the modifier and mostly the two central DPS rows.
- I don't tab target.
- The actual hotkeys used don't matter, as you can macro whatever you wish. If you formerly played on KB&M I highly suggest leaving your in-game hotkey setup as-is and only adjusting the macros of the keypad. This way if something ever were to happen you're able to switch back on the fly.

Attachments

• v2.PNG
    v2.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • G604.png
    G604.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 1,120
Last edited:

jaegermann

Sep 21, 2022
Feli,
What class and spec are you playing?
I just got my Cyborg and I'm starting to set it up.
I play a Ret Pally as my main, and I have a Hunter as my other raiding toon.

- Jaeger

paalas

Oct 27, 2022
im going to do something like that too, no modifiers for dps e burst skills
now im not sure if im going to use modifiers to apply skills direct on my arena 1 2 and 3 targets or use for target focus and bind specific keys for put arena 1 2 3 on focus

Pragma

Nov 13, 2022
Yo, wanted to share these as there don't seem to be any yet.
I personally prefer not using modifiers in combat whenever possible.
Also, I have a bunch of stuff on mouse buttons - Potions & Healthstones, all my Heals.
Am learning and getting used to the keypad myself, so I'd still consider it a WIP.

Some things about the binds:
- I originally intended the Crowd Control & Defensive rows to be swapped, but I sometimes miss clicked them trying to reach to the upper knuckle buttons. Not having a Defensive when you need it is a really bad time, so I put them on, for me, less susceptible buttons. May not be the case for you.
- The "Special DPS" button in this case implies Covenant Abilities, or anything in that direction.
- The center keys (Primary DPS) are the easiest for me to spam, followed by the second last row (Secondary DPS), so that's what influenced those for me. They were intended to be bound depending on how often the spell is used. Again, your results may vary.
- Raid & DPS cooldowns (Implying stuff with 2:00m+, or at the very least 1:30m cooldown) are usually pretty planned, so putting those on more accessible keys wasn't a priority for me.
- Interface Panels (Bags, Spellbook, ...) are all bound using the modifier and mostly the two central DPS rows.
- I don't tab target.

What is your jump key? Movement 1/2?

Feli

Verified member
Jun 10, 2022
Feli,
What class and spec are you playing?
I just got my Cyborg and I'm starting to set it up.
I play a Ret Pally as my main, and I have a Hunter as my other raiding toon.

- Jaeger
Sorry for the late reply everyone, haven't looked here in a while. :D
I play Healers. Flex depending on meta, otherwise primarily Priest. Generally I (can) play all specs of whatever class I play.

im going to do something like that too, no modifiers for dps e burst skills
now im not sure if im going to use modifiers to apply skills direct on my arena 1 2 and 3 targets or use for target focus and bind specific keys for put arena 1 2 3 on focus
I would suggest so. If you have free mouse buttons I'd bind modifiers on those and if you need even more keys you can implement a profile switch in the Azeron Software for essentially 8+ hotkeys per modifier+button combination.

What is your jump key? Movement 1/2?
Movement 1 & 2 are exclusively for mobility spells for me. I have my Jump bound to a thumb button on my Logitech G604, next to the vast majority of my Heals & Externals using Clique & Grid2.

Also, to give an update: I swapped the left most Secondary Rotation button for an additional modifier, primarily used for pre-combat and battle & utility potions, as well as any "don't know where else to put" kind of things that I didn't want to have to click like Warlock Gate key.
I've attached the new one, as well as mouse references.

Attachments

• v2.PNG
    v2.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 342
  • G604.png
    G604.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 342

Joe

Oct 25, 2022
Just so you guys know WoW supports controller input if you want to use more precise movement instead of using WASD
Just put into chat "/console GamePadEnable 1" and set your analog stick to Xbox Joystick
I would also use "/console SoftTargetEnemy 0" unless you want it to change your target for you. You can use "/console SoftTargetEnemy 3" if you want to turn that back on.

Edit: As of the patch on April 11 analog movement with mouse seems to be broken whenever you click after or while using the analog sticks the camera jumps

Last edited:
Reactions: Gimpenstein

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Just so you guys know WoW supports controller input if you want to use more precise movement instead of using WASD
Just put into chat "/console GamePadEnable 1" and set your analog stick to Xbox Joystick
I would also use "/console SoftTargetEnemy 0" unless you want it to change your target for you. You can use "/console SoftTargetEnemy 3" if you want to turn that back on.
So you can control your character speed with 360 movement?

Forkboy

Jan 6, 2023
When you set all this up was it hard to implement into wow? Honestly I can’t wait for mine to get here now……..5-7 weeks let’s go

Auralin

Jan 5, 2023
When you set all this up was it hard to implement into wow? Honestly I can’t wait for mine to get here now……..5-7 weeks let’s go
I guess I put too many customizations, I‘m looking at 5 months to get mine. Super excited to receive it.

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
I ordered mine on Tuesday, and it was delivered today. Spent the last few hours configuring and tweaking it to fit my hands just right.
Granted, I ordered from Amazon because I would've customized mine to look similar to the "stock" green and I'm state side so I didn't want to wait. My only concern is my huge hands. Except! The way my fingers naturally curl (probably from using keyboards for tiny hands for decades) they fit just right into the medium Cyborg. I think if I make any changes, I may order the longer rails and the fancy thumbstick unit. Otherwise, this thing is perfect!

Now comes the challenge of forcing myself to get used to a thumbstick instead of using wasd to control my games 🤤

On that note, watching my wow character run in actual circles when I spin the stick (thanks to Joe's comment above) is way weird. Def reminiscent of playing ffxiv with legacy control.

As for my profile:
Screenshot 2023-01-20 223706.png

The layout is based on a mostly standard wow keyset.
R=autorun
B=bags/inventory
F=interact (thanks to the new interact key option)
I have shift, alt, ctrl because my hotbars are hotkeyed to 1 through = with combinations of shift, alt, ctrl.
I also use a Corsair Scimitar mouse, with the 12-key numpad set to the base 1-12 hotkeys. This way I can hit the 7-12 buttons to cast my auxiliary spells/abilities (cooldowns).
This is my "general" layout, as I play pmuch anything, total altaholic :D

Forkboy

Jan 6, 2023
I ordered mine on Tuesday, and it was delivered today. Spent the last few hours configuring and tweaking it to fit my hands just right.
Granted, I ordered from Amazon because I would've customized mine to look similar to the "stock" green and I'm state side so I didn't want to wait. My only concern is my huge hands. Except! The way my fingers naturally curl (probably from using keyboards for tiny hands for decades) they fit just right into the medium Cyborg. I think if I make any changes, I may order the longer rails and the fancy thumbstick unit. Otherwise, this thing is perfect!

Now comes the challenge of forcing myself to get used to a thumbstick instead of using wasd to control my games 🤤

On that note, watching my wow character run in actual circles when I spin the stick (thanks to Joe's comment above) is way weird. Def reminiscent of playing ffxiv with legacy control.

As for my profile:
View attachment 3039

The layout is based on a mostly standard wow keyset.
R=autorun
B=bags/inventory
F=interact (thanks to the new interact key option)
I have shift, alt, ctrl because my hotbars are hotkeyed to 1 through = with combinations of shift, alt, ctrl.
I also use a Corsair Scimitar mouse, with the 12-key numpad set to the base 1-12 hotkeys. This way I can hit the 7-12 buttons to cast my auxiliary spells/abilities (cooldowns).
This is my "general" layout, as I play pmuch anything, total altaholic :D
Excited to finally try it and see how this works.

SwissCheeze

Feb 7, 2023
I had an azeron compact given to me about 2 weeks ago. I went to the website to download the software, saw the giveaway, signed up for that while I was there. I started setting up some keybinds. I've had a tough time ripping off the bandaid and just using the thing. I currently use a razer tartarus v2. I can't make the change on a raid night at this point. And now to thicken the plot, I got an email that I won the January giveaway. At this point, do I just wait for the cyborg to come in? How are you guys transitioning to the azeron? I was thinking maybe leveling a new character might be a good route.

zippythrone

Mar 8, 2023
If I change it to controller input, do I still get to use mouse to control camera and bind keyboard key to azeron, or I have to instead bind it in terms of controller fashion?

Joe

Oct 25, 2022
As of the patch yesterday using analog movement is bugged when using the mouse for camera. I posted a video on my original post where I shared the commands. Back to wsad emulation unfortunately. If anyone finds a fix be sure to share it.

• Sad
Reactions: Im this guy

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
As of the patch yesterday using analog movement is bugged when using the mouse for camera. I posted a video on my original post where I shared the commands. Back to wsad emulation unfortunately. If anyone finds a fix be sure to share it.
Is it the glitch where when you run then click your mouse cam it randomly shifts your mouse to a new location, like it's recentering your camera? Because this is the issue I'm running into now. I think it's a wow thing, but not sure. I've been kind of switching back and forth depending on how much patience I have.