mmo player

Dapps

Sep 5, 2022
Does anyone use this for mmorpg's if so could you give me a brief description on how the gameplay is.

Also I suffer from arthritis in my hands & I'm a passionate gamer & dont want to quit but on the verge of quitting due to the pain I'm in when playing.

just wondered if these azerons are good for players with arthritis.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
Does anyone use this for mmorpg's if so could you give me a brief description on how the gameplay is.

Also I suffer from arthritis in my hands & I'm a passionate gamer & dont want to quit but on the verge of quitting due to the pain I'm in when playing.

thanks in advance.
I ware compression gloves when playing they help a lot, that said my hands still hurt after hours of playing. I have both hand rests and I like the non curved one best

Reactions: Dapps

Pragma

Nov 13, 2022

thanks in advance.

I've been using a Cyborg for an MMO and it has been an absolute game changer. Not sacrificing mobility for binds is amazing. It does have a learning curve, but once I got past that it has been smooth sailing and I can't imagine using a keyboard for gaming ever again.

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
As an avid MMO gamer (too many to list!), I really want to get a Cyborg. I'm currently waiting on finding out if I'm getting extra work over the Spring to see if I can scrape the extra cash up to get one. Between my wife's cancer treatments and all of the supplies needed to take care of the work-arounds for the various organ failures caused by radiation and chemo, there's just not enough cash leftover these days.

Typically, my wife and I play games together (i.e. I run the controllers/keyboards/etc. and she tells me where to go and what to do), but she thinks she could probably play using one or two of these, especially considering the customization capabilities. Would love to be able to run together again. I honestly think a pair of Cyborgs would give her the ability to play again. Her hands hurt so much that she can't use keyboards/mice/controllers, but these have such a light touch to them (based on what I've seen) that I think she could use them to replace keyboard/mice/controllers.

I'm also interested in the Chedder they've been sneakypeaking. I think that would be a great way to enhance the old mouser.

I imagine this doesn't answer your question as I'm not a user (yet), but I think these products would at least extend your playtime depending on how your pain sets in.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
As an avid MMO gamer (too many to list!), I really want to get a Cyborg. I'm currently waiting on finding out if I'm getting extra work over the Spring to see if I can scrape the extra cash up to get one. Between my wife's cancer treatments and all of the supplies needed to take care of the work-arounds for the various organ failures caused by radiation and chemo, there's just not enough cash leftover these days.

Typically, my wife and I play games together (i.e. I run the controllers/keyboards/etc. and she tells me where to go and what to do), but she thinks she could probably play using one or two of these, especially considering the customization capabilities. Would love to be able to run together again. I honestly think a pair of Cyborgs would give her the ability to play again. Her hands hurt so much that she can't use keyboards/mice/controllers, but these have such a light touch to them (based on what I've seen) that I think she could use them to replace keyboard/mice/controllers.

I'm also interested in the Chedder they've been sneakypeaking. I think that would be a great way to enhance the old mouser.

I imagine this doesn't answer your question as I'm not a user (yet), but I think these products would at least extend your playtime depending on how your pain sets in.
Join our giveaway for a chance to win Azeron.

Really hope you wife recovers soon, stay strong !

Reactions: Gimpenstein

Feli

Verified member
Jun 10, 2022

thanks in advance.
I do play MMOs (I have a post about WoW in the Keybinds forum), and while I don't suffer from arthritis, I do have RSI in my left wrist.
What you're about to read is just my personal experience, and of course yours may vary.

The Cyborg took me a while (A good few weeks) to get fully used to - "fully" implying to a point where I no longer have to think about where I bound what and which finger I need to move for it, as well as having enough muscle memory to equal my keyboard reaction speeds.
In the beginning I also had the funny problem of not positioning my hand correctly after letting go of the keypad briefly, which made for some interesting miss-clicks.
Be prepared to potentially adjusting the keypad positions even a week or two in.

Playing MMOs was the first thing I did with it, and it has been a joy. I can't stress enough how much of a difference having a thumbstick makes. Not having to move between WASD, modifiers and numbers is extremely convenient. If you also have a mouse with a bunch of buttons there's essentially nothing stopping you from using the keypad for literally everything (maybe short of writing), but even without that there is enough space for everything.

For my RSI, using the Cyborg brought up a different kind of exhaustion - although one that is "better".
As my palm is almost always in a resting state I've noticed my wrist getting stiff a bunch and requiring somewhat frequent flexing. Think of a similar feeling to your legs tiring from sitting. There isn't really any pain from long sessions for me unlike I had using a keyboard, just this kind of exhaustion building up that gets fixed fairly easily by a bathroom or coffee break and some stretching.
Something that may be of note is that the Azeron is quite high compared to a keyboard. Your wrist will be resting circa 3-4cm above desk level, which could result in you slating your arm up from your elbow and bending your wrist unless you have a high enough seat/low enough desk. This wasn't a problem for me personally though.

Last edited: