Long Press commands

TWisTeD

Verified member
May 10, 2022
Does anyone else have the problem where any command set for a long-press (generally set in-game) doesn't register the long-press if you are using another command at the same time (movement for instance)?

I've noticed it playing AC: Valhalla where the one button (Y for XBox controller, V for PC) has two commands mapped, one for momentary press and the other for a long press: if I hold down the button on my Cyborg whilst not using any other buttons it triggers the long-press command but if I AM doing something else (like moving) it only triggers the momentary command. I would map them to separate buttons however the game does not allow that natively, the two commands always use the same button.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Does anyone else have the problem where any command set for a long-press (generally set in-game) doesn't register the long-press if you are using another command at the same time (movement for instance)?

I've noticed it playing AC: Valhalla where the one button (Y for XBox controller, V for PC) has two commands mapped, one for momentary press and the other for a long press: if I hold down the button on my Cyborg whilst not using any other buttons it triggers the long-press command but if I AM doing something else (like moving) it only triggers the momentary command. I would map them to separate buttons however the game does not allow that natively, the two commands always use the same button.
You can configure long / short presses on reWASD - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/press-time.html

TWisTeD

Verified member
May 10, 2022
You can configure long / short presses on reWASD - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/press-time.html
I did try configuring a second button on the Cyborg with a macro to do a long press but I think moving using the thumbstick interrupted the command. Whilst not moving it works fine, you can do either the momentary command or the long-press (by holding the button) and it's all OK, if I move or do any other command then the long-press is seen as a momentary. I even tried configuring one button as a controller button (Y), and another as the keyboard equivalent ("V") because I thought the mix of controller (analog stick) and keyboard inputs (other commands) might have confused the issue but no success.

All that said I have been considering trying reWASD, just want to pick a time when I have the time to make the most use out the trial periods to decide what advanced features, if any, to purchase.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
All that said I have been considering trying reWASD, just want to pick a time when I have the time to make the most use out the trial periods to decide what advanced features, if any, to purchase.

You will never use anything else again! It's amazing! Some of the features are

mute the native controller input , change Advanced stick settings, adjust Zones for Triggers, make controller button combos, Macros, use mouse as a Right stick, adjust the Vibration settings for your controllers.

Reactions: TWisTeD

TWisTeD

Verified member
May 10, 2022
You will never use anything else again! It's amazing! Some of the features are

mute the native controller input , change Advanced stick settings, adjust Zones for Triggers, make controller button combos, Macros, use mouse as a Right stick, adjust the Vibration settings for your controllers.

Thanks @AZGUNS I finally had a chance to play with reWASD after some initial problems installing it and I'm quite happy with it. Going to pay the licence fee when the trial runs its course. Might even check out some of the advanced features though I don't think I'll need or use all of them.

Reactions: Im this guy