Joystick stuck in down position

CeeGee

Aug 30, 2022
My Azeron is just a little over a month old. Went to use it today and the joystick, though centered physically, is showing as all the way down in the software (and my characters constantly move backwards in games). I've tried recalibrating the joystick, and doing a complete reset, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Just got to where I was really comfortable using the keypad, but now it's unusable.

Attachments

• stuckdown.jpg
    stuckdown.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 76
  • version_report.txt
    706 bytes · Views: 68

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Center offset (x, y): -4 -236 Was that after the auto calibration ?
Change the x value to 1 and then change the y value till you get it to sit in the middle

CeeGee

Aug 30, 2022
Yes, those were the values after the hard reset/calibration when it was still sticking.

Setting the calibration manually seemed to do the trick, thank you - though I do notice the dot seems to be vibrating quite a bit on the screen. Auto calibration sends it right back to sticking.

CeeGee

Aug 30, 2022
Ok, sorry - I thought the manual calibration had fixed the issue, but now I'm noticing the joystick is randomly creeping to a stuck forward or backward position without my touching anything in the calibration section.

CeeGee

Aug 30, 2022
Thanks again for the help. I found out what the issue was. I installed a new GPU and it turns out my power supply wasn't quite beefy enough to support it. After installing a new power supply, the issue with the joystick randomly drifting resolved itself. Might be a good thing to note for others with similar issues who just installed a new graphics card.

Reactions: Im this guy

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
Thanks again for the help. I found out what the issue was. I installed a new GPU and it turns out my power supply wasn't quite beefy enough to support it. After installing a new power supply, the issue with the joystick randomly drifting resolved itself. Might be a good thing to note for others with similar issues who just installed a new graphics card.
What graphics card was it?