Joystick glitch/stuck issues

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
So, I've had my cyborg for a few months (got it from Amazon) and I've been having a blast with it. But recently, I'll get this weird glitch where the joystick sticks in a down/right position and the alternate joystick (buttons #22, 28-31) stops working entirely (no recognition of button pressing from the azeron software). When I try to recalibrate, it shows the stick in the upper right corner (see screencap), even though it's centered and I'm not even touching it.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue, because sometimes it fixes if I recalibrate, or if I reconnect, but not always. It also happens across multiple pcs (went from laptop to new pc I just purchased). I'm attaching logs from just now and from previous lockup before recent recovery.

Edit: removed logs, but will email/post if needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-15 132642.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 132642.png
    470.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Re-sit the grounding wire leading from the thumbstick module.
If it`s green board, it will be one of the wires in the separate grounding block.
If it`s a black board, it will be the black wire in the main board on pin 33
1681737846969.png

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
Aaand that was so much easier than I'd expected. I think the ground was pinched at the rubber shielding, but it appears to be fixed. I'll post again if it persists (after double checking to make sure I didn't make the same mistake lol)

Reactions: Im this guy