joystick/deadzone

pjones17

Mar 31, 2022
I am not sure if I am having a sticky joystick issue or a deadzone due to a wiring issue. When pressing forward on occasion any character in any game would continue moving forward even after letting go, which led me to believe it was a joystick issue. I then took it apart tried to clean any gunk that might be in there, the same thing continued to happen. I then purchased the joystick ring and then changed the deadzone with the ring on and after barely pressing forward the same thing happen that it would get stuck moving forward which leads me to think it may now be a wiring issue. this is also after calibrating it. I don't really want to mess with the wires unless I have to and am not sure what the issue could be, entirely.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I am not sure if I am having a sticky joystick issue or a deadzone due to a wiring issue. When pressing forward on occasion any character in any game would continue moving forward even after letting go, which led me to believe it was a joystick issue. I then took it apart tried to clean any gunk that might be in there, the same thing continued to happen. I then purchased the joystick ring and then changed the deadzone with the ring on and after barely pressing forward the same thing happen that it would get stuck moving forward which leads me to think it may now be a wiring issue. this is also after calibrating it. I don't really want to mess with the wires unless I have to and am not sure what the issue could be, entirely.
How old is the keypad?
Please show the saved file report from settings / version information tab
After releasing the thumbstick, can you see in the software that is not centered anymore ? You can try increasing the lower deadzone by 10 and re-try.
Does the thumbstick return to center phisically?

pjones17

Mar 31, 2022
the keyboard is just over a year old.
Also yes, after releasing the joystick on the software I can see that it is slowly coming back to center or stuck at the top while the joystick itself has reset.
I have messed with both lower and upper deadzones but the same thing continues to happen.
Yes, the joystick itself returns to the center, and unless I flick the joystick in any direction when it gets stuck through the software it won't come back to the center.

Attachments

• azeron.png
    azeron.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 164

pjones17

Mar 31, 2022
How old is the keypad?
Please show the saved file report from settings / version information tab
After releasing the thumbstick, can you see in the software that is not centered anymore ? You can try increasing the lower deadzone by 10 and re-try.
Does the thumbstick return to center phisically?
^^