Interest In Aluminum Replacement Parts?

lZl

Verified member
Aug 19, 2022
Hey guys, my name is Zac and I am design engineer in the manufacturing industry. Was curious if there would possibly be any interest in aluminum replacement parts for the Azeron in the future?

On my short list for myself currently are replacement arms and push buttons I am designing, long term I have thought about machining out a few sets, didnt know if this would be of interest to the group or not?

Hipporider

Verified member
Aug 25, 2022
Sounds an amazing idea, especially if you colour anodised the components. Trouble is, the cost. If you go ahead, may i suggest you make the grub screws that secure alignment of the fingers ,etc a LOT bigger gauge than stock Azeron .

Last edited:

lZl

Verified member
Aug 19, 2022
Sounds an amazing idea, especially if you colour anodised the components. Trouble is, the cost. If you go ahead, may i suggest you make the grub screws that secure alignment of the fingers ,etc a LOT bigger gauge than stock Azeron .
I am going to start reverse engineering the arms tonight, I also plan to do aluminum buttons. The design may have to very slightly from stock for manufacturing cost practices, ill likely make all the push buttons identical, same with the arms.

I also have access to carbon nylon 3d printing which is a industrial grade material that can be cerakoted, so we will see what all I come up with.

Wolffoxfangs

Nov 8, 2021
Def Very interested in Aluminum parts for the Cyborg, ive wrecked the hinge that attaches a tower to the rail and its a pain to replace, would love something sturdier

dre

Dec 10, 2022
Hey guys, my name is Zac and I am design engineer in the manufacturing industry. Was curious if there would possibly be any interest in aluminum replacement parts for the Azeron in the future?

On my short list for myself currently are replacement arms and push buttons I am designing, long term I have thought about machining out a few sets, didnt know if this would be of interest to the group or not?
Yes, I'm very interested in longer arms, my hand is about 8.375 in, and the current arms are just a little tight for my hand. I suggest a half inch extension on each slot, that would help tons with comfortability. I would definitely buy a set if made.