I want to 3d print my own mods

SiFire

Dec 8, 2021
So I have a 3d printer (Creality Ender 3v2. What material should I make my mods out of? I have PLA, PLA+, PETG, and I'm gonna attempt to get some ABS but I need to get an enclosure. Much appreciated for your help

twiget

Verified member
Apr 4, 2022
I think PLA+ would be plenty strong enough for this application, and it's easier to print than PETG.

Joedang

Nov 13, 2022
IMO, PLA is fine. People like to rag on it because it's weak and has a low melting point relative to other plastics. Unless you're leaving your Azeron out in the sun, it won't matter. I've been carrying a PLA part in my pocket with keys for over a year and it's holding up fine. Just be smart about how you orient the print and you'll be fine.

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
I was wondering how well TPU would work. While it's a flexible, it's pretty sturdy stuff. If you print using a near 100% infill, it's not as flexible as you would think, and the layer adhesion is pretty amazing. I've tried to tear apart TPU temp towers in the past (I tend to break my first temp towers to see how well layer adhesion works) and I've never been able to break one (without tools).
I guess it ultimately depends on what you're wanting to print. If you need a solid piece, then TPU obviously isn't going to be your first choice, but it might be worth considering if a little bit of flex is acceptable.