Firmware wont update and something rattling inside

Lilkinsly

Verified member
May 4, 2023
I have only had my classic for 2 weeks and I love it. Except today it had an update, it that ran without a problem. But then it made me go to do the firmware, it kept giving me an error and sending me on an unplug and try again loop. Tried all your videos, on a clean install, reset firmware, everything no luck. The reason I am in the posting in the hardware section is because when I turned it to hit the reset button, something rattled inside. That is never a good thing. Since getting it tuned and setup for my hand on day 3, the next 13 or so days it sat flat and never moved and worked fine.

I have been PC gaming for literally over 30 years, never once broke a mouse, keyboard, controller or anything. Wore plenty out over a long period of time though. Been using Razer since Razer literally started, and have used their stuff exclusively and been very happy. Due to my loyalty they actually gave me a few new items to test in years past. So big Razer fan. But I recently wore out my Orbweaver keypad (4 years?) and was going to get a new Razer version, but I saw your products. Being in my 50's now anything to make reaching the keys faster and easier looked amazing. I decided to give you guys a try. After using it for these two weeks I even thought to myself that Razer needed to step up its game, because my Cyborg was amazing. I was telling all my friends about it even. Until this.

I guess my point is that your idea is great, the product is great, I get due to the design even needing to replace a switch, screw or tower, after a year or two. But if somehow using it flat on a desk without moving it around for 2 weeks somehow shakes something loose INSIDE, then that is a problem. I think you guys can do great, but for the prices that you charge, if quality can be iffy at times, then customer service should be amazing no matter what part of the world you live in.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have only had my classic for 2 weeks and I love it. Except today it had an update, it that ran without a problem. But then it made me go to do the firmware, it kept giving me an error and sending me on an unplug and try again loop. Tried all your videos, on a clean install, reset firmware, everything no luck. The reason I am in the posting in the hardware section is because when I turned it to hit the reset button, something rattled inside. That is never a good thing. Since getting it tuned and setup for my hand on day 3, the next 13 or so days it sat flat and never moved and worked fine.

I have been PC gaming for literally over 30 years, never once broke a mouse, keyboard, controller or anything. Wore plenty out over a long period of time though. Been using Razer since Razer literally started, and have used their stuff exclusively and been very happy. Due to my loyalty they actually gave me a few new items to test in years past. So big Razer fan. But I recently wore out my Orbweaver keypad (4 years?) and was going to get a new Razer version, but I saw your products. Being in my 50's now anything to make reaching the keys faster and easier looked amazing. I decided to give you guys a try. After using it for these two weeks I even thought to myself that Razer needed to step up its game, because my Cyborg was amazing. I was telling all my friends about it even. Until this.

I guess my point is that your idea is great, the product is great, I get due to the design even needing to replace a switch, screw or tower, after a year or two. But if somehow using it flat on a desk without moving it around for 2 weeks somehow shakes something loose INSIDE, then that is a problem. I think you guys can do great, but for the prices that you charge, if quality can be iffy at times, then customer service should be amazing no matter what part of the world you live in.
Most likely it`s the threadnut, that felt out. But to be sure, unscrew the palm rest, see what loose part is inside. If you are still unable to see it, turn the keypad upside down. Fingers crossed it`s not the reset button, assuming you have the board with the reset button.
Please attach export a log from software / settings tab / having trouble. Make sure the keypad is connectd at the time you are exporting the log

Lilkinsly

Verified member
May 4, 2023
Most likely it`s the threadnut, that felt out. But to be sure, unscrew the palm rest, see what loose part is inside. If you are still unable to see it, turn the keypad upside down. Fingers crossed it`s not the reset button, assuming you have the board with the reset button.
Please attach export a log from software / settings tab / having trouble. Make sure the keypad is connectd at the time you are exporting the log
It was the thread nut in front near the switch cords. I guess it had been stuck in that area since the beginning since I never took the palm rest off. Just shook loose now. Glad I was able to fix it and hope it is my only problem.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
It was the thread nut in front near the switch cords. I guess it had been stuck in that area since the beginning since I never took the palm rest off. Just shook loose now. Glad I was able to fix it and hope it is my only problem.
Is the firmware also updated and the keypad is fully operational?