Firmware update broke my keypad.

Shatie_Serethi

Aug 20, 2022
My Azeron Software just said I had to push a Firmware update to the Cyborg Keypad, after I did it stopped being detected by the software.
The software said the firmware update was successful, I rebooted everything to make sure it was all good and now the software just says "Select your Device" and no devices show (Image attached).
I've tried to do a reset with the recessed button underneath, when I do the light on the side goes out and never comes back on.
After disconnecting and reconnecting it I see the software says "Connect a device" then changes to "Select your Device" again.
This is my gaming pad and I really need it working again, whats going on?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Im this guy

taynardo

Mar 7, 2023
hi i'm getting the same issue pictured above after installing the latest Azeron Software on my new computer today. the software initially prompted for a firmware update, which said it was successful, and then prompted to calibrate the deadzones on the analog stick, which also said it completed successfully. i've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software, rebooting the computer, disconnecting/reconnecting the device, and manually updating firmware per the instructions on the previous response. please help!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
hi i'm getting the same issue pictured above after installing the latest Azeron Software on my new computer today. the software initially prompted for a firmware update, which said it was successful, and then prompted to calibrate the deadzones on the analog stick, which also said it completed successfully. i've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software, rebooting the computer, disconnecting/reconnecting the device, and manually updating firmware per the instructions on the previous response. please help!
Unscrew the palm rest. If it`s green board see my reply above.
If it`s a black board, please generate a log from the software / settings / having trouble and attach it here

Garion

Mar 9, 2023
from the souds of things im having the same issue my board is black with no reset

Derrick

Mar 12, 2023
I am having this same issue when updating to software version 1.2.1 and firmware version 74. My keypad is not showing up in the software. The manual update seemed to happen, as the Teensy buttons lit up when expected, and the LED light on the keypad lit up at the end. However, they keypad is still not showing up in the software. Tried to use on 2 different computers (both Win10) with 2 different cables.

Oddly, the keypad worked fine for about 2 hours, then all of a sudden stopped working and the profile #2 kept crashing the software. Then it stopped showing up in the software (and after this is when I tried manually updating the firmware).

Did this suggested fix work for anyone else?

My log from when the software was crashing, prior to the keypad completely not showing up anymore, is attached.

Attachments

• azeron-logs-20230311-09-47-49.log.txt
    767.8 KB · Views: 72

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I am having this same issue when updating to software version 1.2.1 and firmware version 74. My keypad is not showing up in the software. The manual update seemed to happen, as the Teensy buttons lit up when expected, and the LED light on the keypad lit up at the end. However, they keypad is still not showing up in the software. Tried to use on 2 different computers (both Win10) with 2 different cables.

Oddly, the keypad worked fine for about 2 hours, then all of a sudden stopped working and the profile #2 kept crashing the software. Then it stopped showing up in the software (and after this is when I tried manually updating the firmware).

Did this suggested fix work for anyone else?

My log from when the software was crashing, prior to the keypad completely not showing up anymore, is attached.
Perform a clean reset -
, but install the fw v28 -> v60 -> v70 -> v72, then launch the software so it installs the latest update.