Elite: Dangerous not recognising Azeron Cyborg

ataru

Verified member
Nov 26, 2021
Roma
www.biancocelesti.org
hi, I don't know if it's an ED issue or an Azeron issue, but if i use Azeron Cyborg as a joypad, with x360 stick and joy_1-25 buttons, i cannot bind any button to any action. just like not pressing anything. only xbox360 stick works an can be bind. someone had same issue? all is working if using Azeron as a keyboard input
I noticed in windows USB game devices Azeron Keypad - Direct Input is mentioned two times, first one with x/y stick, pov, z-axis, rotZ, 2 slides, and 1-32 buttons, all working but rotZ, sliders and 26-32 buttons, and the second with x/y stick, a pov, z axis, x and y rot axis and 10 buttons, and only x/y axis working. should it work like that?
thanks

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
hi, I don't know if it's an ED issue or an Azeron issue, but if i use Azeron Cyborg as a joypad, with x360 stick and joy_1-25 buttons, i cannot bind any button to any action. just like not pressing anything. only xbox360 stick works an can be bind. someone had same issue? all is working if using Azeron as a keyboard input
I noticed in windows USB game devices Azeron Keypad - Direct Input is mentioned two times, first one with x/y stick, pov, z-axis, rotZ, 2 slides, and 1-32 buttons, all working but rotZ, sliders and 26-32 buttons, and the second with x/y stick, a pov, z axis, x and y rot axis and 10 buttons, and only x/y axis working. should it work like that?
thanks
Change the button binds to keyboard input. Not sure on whether the game supports xbox 360 tbh, but will definetely support keyboard mode.
That`s corret on usb devices, it loads multiple drivers.

ataru

Verified member
Nov 26, 2021
Roma
www.biancocelesti.org
Change the button binds to keyboard input. Not sure on whether the game supports xbox 360 tbh, but will definetely support keyboard mode.
That`s corret on usb devices, it loads multiple drivers.
Xbox 360 thumbstick is definitely supported, buttons are not. binding them into keypresses do work. I was asking if it was a problem with my own device or between ED and azeron cyborg. tried in MechWarrior Online and it works good as directinput. I think it's an ED issue

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Why would you want the buttons as a controller input rather than keyboard input?