Downgrade Software, Firmware or both?

sfx

Apr 26, 2023
I purchased an Azeron Compact in July 2020. I believe I was using software version 0.22 and firmware version 57 or versions near those iterations. I think it was around the time you started supporting reWASD. Back then both joy.cpl and Pinnacle Game Profiler recognized the analog joystick. Some time ago I updated to software v1.1.2 / firmware 73 and neither joy.cpl or Pinnacle Game Profiler recognize the analog joystick anymore. Is this due to the software version or the firmware version or both? I'd like to downgrade and try to find the old software/firmware combination that will allow me to use Pinnacle Game Profiler again. Would I just uninstall my current Azeron Software and install v0.22 from the archives? Would I be able to downgrade the firmware version 73 to 57 from Azeron Software v0.22?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I purchased an Azeron Compact in July 2020. I believe I was using software version 0.22 and firmware version 57 or versions near those iterations. I think it was around the time you started supporting reWASD. Back then both joy.cpl and Pinnacle Game Profiler recognized the analog joystick. Some time ago I updated to software v1.1.2 / firmware 73 and neither joy.cpl or Pinnacle Game Profiler recognize the analog joystick anymore. Is this due to the software version or the firmware version or both? I'd like to downgrade and try to find the old software/firmware combination that will allow me to use Pinnacle Game Profiler again. Would I just uninstall my current Azeron Software and install v0.22 from the archives? Would I be able to downgrade the firmware version 73 to 57 from Azeron Software v0.22?
Downgrading is possible. Just install the older software and install the firmware via teensy app.
Doesn't it come up on the joy.cpl at all now ? Download the latest software and update the keypad.

sfx

Apr 26, 2023
Thank you for the quick response. It did come up in joy.cpl, it would register all button pushes int the joy.cpl test window but the x/y axis would not move. And the joystick worked in game while not working in the joy.cpl test window or Pinnacle Game Profiler. Perhaps this because the game had native controller support?

As you suggested I tried the latest software and firmware and it fixed the problem. I also downgraded to software v0.22 and firmware 57 and it remained fixed.

Sooo file corruption? I don't know but I can't reproduce the problem now so I'm happy to have PGP working again as it has a few features I have not found on any other gamepad / remapping software.

Thanks for your help!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you for the quick response. It did come up in joy.cpl, it would register all button pushes int the joy.cpl test window but the x/y axis would not move. And the joystick worked in game while not working in the joy.cpl test window or Pinnacle Game Profiler. Perhaps this because the game had native controller support?

As you suggested I tried the latest software and firmware and it fixed the problem. I also downgraded to software v0.22 and firmware 57 and it remained fixed.

Sooo file corruption? I don't know but I can't reproduce the problem now so I'm happy to have PGP working again as it has a few features I have not found on any other gamepad / remapping software.

Thanks for your help!
Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.
Probs a file corruption