Cyborg vs Cyborg Compact for World of Warcraft

zippythrone

Mar 8, 2023
Hi yall, I am looking to purchase one of these awesome keypad. However, I cant decide between the Cyborg vs the Cyborg compact. I am planning to use the keypad for World of Warcraft. Do the full-long Cyborg version post any advantages when it comes to gameplay, or is the Compact version is as good as the full-long version. It would be great if people can share their experience for WOW or MMO in general. Any input will be much appreciated!

Kappu

Mar 8, 2023
I don't have an Azeron yet, but I have a Razor Tartarus and I will say just go with the option with the most buttons to bind. I find that Tartarus is lacking in both keys and the ability to reach for the furthest ones.

Reactions: zippythrone

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi yall, I am looking to purchase one of these awesome keypad. However, I cant decide between the Cyborg vs the Cyborg compact. I am planning to use the keypad for World of Warcraft. Do the full-long Cyborg version post any advantages when it comes to gameplay, or is the Compact version is as good as the full-long version. It would be great if people can share their experience for WOW or MMO in general. Any input will be much appreciated!
Cyborg for me, since the top buttons are easier to access and you don't have to remove the finger to hit the top button, which can come in handy in WoW, with so many binds needed.

disconnected

Mar 14, 2023
Just be prepared. Your gameplay improves 100 fold. The Cyborg is the only way. So many buttons all at your left hand and you can make those top of the tower buttons, healing potions or whatever. Never have to touch your keyboard again except to type in chat. I also tell people who do Jumping Puzzles in Guild Wars 2 to get this Cyborg so they'll be able to do the JP's. I've always had my WASD keys set to my left thumb which is actually WSQE for strive left and Strife Right.

Reactions: zippythrone

Lilkinsly

Verified member
May 4, 2023
Be warned though, I agree the Cyborg is much easier and faster, but you really need to take the time to get it physically set up right for your hand, then also find your best key setups. At first I was hitting all kinds of double buttons, extra buttons, things not smooth, but once I got the towers in the proper positions, angles, and height its amazing. It took me 3 days of fiddling before I was happy. but it's worth it.

Reactions: Im this guy

WaurenGames

Dec 27, 2022
I have a Cyborg and am getting a Compact as a second/backup because I cannot play without this thing anymore. My tower buttons are just map/inventory etc and my fingers are large enough that I need to move the towers up so I don't bring up my backs during a raid fight haha. So I want to try the compact as I think this might work better, but frankly the Cyborg is great. I cannot use the pinky for much because my pinky/ring finger kinda move in tandem, but the pinky side button is great for dispels and I use down and back for shift-alt.

It's so good I had to give up shift and alt keybinds for my main wow keybinds because I'd be pressing something on the Cyborg (say Shift-5) and then pressing 2 on my Naga MMO mouse, and Shift-2 would trigger. So I just mapped everything to single key presses and that works great.