Cyborg but with Triggers

Wessield

Feb 23, 2022
I’ve been using the Azeron classic for almost a year now, best input device by a mile. The Cyborg looks amazing! But it gave me an idea, replace buttons 13 and 18 with Xbox triggers. This way the keypad can play racing games basically one handed using LT, RT, and Left Stick.
Anyone else like this idea? Once I get my own Cyborg I’ll try this out.

Wessield

Feb 23, 2022
758A5ADF-87D2-450F-8DA0-6D53CF665533.jpeg
So this is a layout of the Cyborg software. Button numbers are a little blurry because screenshot of a video, but here’s what I’ll be referencing. After running some tests with my Azeron Classic in Forza I discovered that the most comfortable layout for gas, brake, and gear shifting was;
1 - Brake
5 - Shift Down
9 - Shift Up
14 - Gas

Since the Cyborg has the extra set of buttons towards the palm, I would replace buttons 37 and 18 to triggers.
Currently playing Forza I have no fine control over amount of throttle. It’s either 0% or 100%. I can switch my thumb stick to act like a controller thumb stick which is nice. But I would like to have more control over how much gas or brake I’m applying.

Reactions: TWisTeD

TWisTeD

Verified member
May 10, 2022
Triggers or a couple of analog switches sound like a great idea to me, perhaps as an option like the 5-way switch on the thumbstick module. You might be able to make it so the inner towers for the index and middle fingers tilted or slid in-and-out like triggers

I haven't played with the software for Azeron or Forza but can you bind multiple keys to throttle and brake at like 25%, 50%, and 100%? Not as fine a control as you're after but better than all-or-nothing.