Cleaning my "robot hand"

Tidalwind

Feb 5, 2022
I have owned my robot hand (Azeron Compact) since 2020 and have loved it since the moment it arrived. I used it for MMO's only at first but now use it for any game I play because I love it so much. My only real issue with it has been regularly cleaning it. Right now I just wipe it down without taking anything apart, but to get it cleaned properly, I need to start disassembling it. Or at least I need to start removing just the colored key pads for weekly/monthly cleaning.

To make this cleaning process a little less tedious, I had an idea to get multiple sets of just the colored key pads, so I could cycle out a dirty set with a clean one and get back to gaming faster. Is there a way to just order a set of key pads separately from the entire game pad? I don't see this as an option in the service parts at the moment, but would love to see it as an option in the future. Or, better yet, provide the 3D model for the key pads, for a one time purchase or as part of a subscription service or something, to allow your community to print their own.

Also I was thinking of letting the key pads that I am cleaning soak in some sort of cleaning solution, like how the clean combs at a barbershop for the next customer, because cleaning each key individually by hand sounds tedious. However, I don't know what kind of plastic is used in the printing, so I don't know what cleaning solutions will or will not eat away or degrade at the plastic overtime. I was also wondering if they would be able to handle the heat of a dishwasher, because I had an idea of creating a little container with holes big enough for water and soap to get in, but not big enough for the keys to fall out, that I could place in the top rack of the dishwasher to allow for cleaning.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks they have used to make cleaning it easier?

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
You can order ''towers'' by emailing Azeron on info@azeron.eu. They come at EUR 12.00 each or set of all towers for EUR 50-60, depending on the model.
As for the material it is PLA plastic.
As for the buttons - they have to be filled individually to fit the tower. So if you take a button from another tower, it might not fit very well.
Might be very loose or get stuck etc So it is not adisable on buying buttons unless you want to experiment or know exactly what you doing