Azeron as Keyboard

Sergiop077

Jun 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Cronus Zen with azeron but it reads it as a Joypad. Is there a way to make the azeron be reconigzed as a keyboard? On the on board profiles I only have keyboard inputs. So there must be a way to trasmite to Cronus Zen that its a keyboard. Is it possible?

Thanks

Reactions: LuckyStrike

Sergiop077

Jun 8, 2022
You don't need adapter for the Azeron to be recognised as a keyboard
solving this will open a new world of possibilities because everybody its using cronus zen but when you pair it with a mouse the mouse dosent work properly because as azeron its register as a joypad and the right joystick input get in some kind of conflit

Sanderson2544

Jun 28, 2022
I second this. I just got the Cyborg compact and they only way that I've gotten it to kind of work is to make the key binds register as a controller button. This seems clunky and takes too much time switching back and forth from the Cronus to pc to rebind the keys. It also limits key binding multiple functions together such as having one button on the Azeron register as two buttons. Like in apex having RB and LB being your ultimate, or having select and pause be the menu for the Cronus just being one button.

Having the Cronus see this as a gamepad overrides any of the controller buttons as well which makes it much harder to have the initial setup to change in game settings. The only workaround I've seen to have this register as a keyboard is to have a XIM Apex which is out of stock and between $200-$300 in the used market. Already dropping $170 for the Azeron, and more for the Cronus which would have thought would work because the Azeron should be seen as a keyboard. I would love to see a update to the firmware for the Azeron that would allow multiple keybinds availabe for one button, as well as Cronus Zen firmware to choose what each plug in is seen as.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get this set up would be appreciated.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I think you need The [Xim Apex + Cronus zen + Azeron] to do what your trying to do but good luck finding the Xim

Rockybrb

May 4, 2022
I think you need The [Xim Apex + Cronus zen + Azeron] to do what your trying to do but good luck finding the Xim

Yeah, I got exactly what was recommended in this video and the Zen is still not able to recognize the Azeron properly. Super frustrating and costly so far. BTW, I even got the same USBHUB the video suggested.

Azeron team, couldnt you partner with Cronus Zen and certify the Azeron with them, that would be the ultimate solution instead of the community trying to hack a Frankenstein solution. Ill even send you my Cronus Zen for testing purposes if it means it will help the community.

Rockybrb

May 4, 2022
You don't need adapter for the Azeron to be recognised as a keyboard
I am not sure you understand what we are trying to achieve. We are trying to use the Cronus Zen in conjunction with the Azeron so that we can use Cronus Zen scripts in game. The problem is that the Cronus Zen only recognizes the Azeron as a joypad which is a problem to configure Cronus Zen along with mouse. It would be great if we had Azeron support assist with solving this issue since there really is only 2 industry devices for this purpose, Cronus Zen and Titan 2. If Azeron was to colaborate with these two companies (like what was done for ReWASD) then it would really help the community!

Reactions: Kingkiwi

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Cronus Zen with azeron but it reads it as a Joypad. Is there a way to make the azeron be reconigzed as a keyboard? On the on board profiles I only have keyboard inputs. So there must be a way to trasmite to Cronus Zen that its a keyboard. Is it possible?

Thanks
Yeah mate on pc it is, are you on pc?

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
Hi guys,

Thanks
Are you on pc? Yes this is possible if so
I second this. I just got the Cyborg compact and they only way that I've gotten it to kind of work is to make the key binds register as a controller button. This seems clunky and takes too much time switching back and forth from the Cronus to pc to rebind the keys. It also limits key binding multiple functions together such as having one button on the Azeron register as two buttons. Like in apex having RB and LB being your ultimate, or having select and pause be the menu for the Cronus just being one button.

Having the Cronus see this as a gamepad overrides any of the controller buttons as well which makes it much harder to have the initial setup to change in game settings. The only workaround I've seen to have this register as a keyboard is to have a XIM Apex which is out of stock and between $200-$300 in the used market. Already dropping $170 for the Azeron, and more for the Cronus which would have thought would work because the Azeron should be seen as a keyboard. I would love to see a update to the firmware for the Azeron that would allow multiple keybinds availabe for one button, as well as Cronus Zen firmware to choose what each plug in is seen as.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get this set up would be appreciated.
You only need a Cronus zen mate, I see a few people are looking at how to do it I’ll try make a short tutorial or something

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
For those of you wanting to use the azeron with the Cronus Zen on pc there is a way without selling a kidney for the Xim apex. I have a method that works great. I’ll make a tutorial for it will be easiest and post it shortly ✌️

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
pretty bad quality vid but thought I’d just do it fast and ruff lol 😂
So you are just using reWASD to group xbox controller with the cyborg and connecting to the Zen. On a side note it looks like you have the mouse as right stick however I didn't see the mouse in the group....

Skilledkilla

Aug 11, 2022
Hey man! Thanks for the video, I tried everything the same however I encounter an issue where warzone will not recognize the controller. As soon as apply the key binds; warzone forces me to switch to keyboard and mouse. Please see vid attached! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3546.MOV
    12.7 MB · Views: 0

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
So you are just using reWASD to group xbox controller with the cyborg and connecting to the Zen. On a side note it looks like you have the mouse as right stick however I didn't see the mouse in the group....
No you group the Cronus which shows as a Xbox controller in REWSD with the azeron. The scripts in Cronus will work on the mouse where is where you want to set Ute mouses profile for fine tuning. so no script on azeron like slide cancel etc which for slide cancel you can do in rewsd easily enough like I had in the video

Last edited:

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
Hey man! Thanks for the video, I tried everything the same however I encounter an issue where warzone will not recognize the controller. As soon as apply the key binds; warzone forces me to switch to keyboard and mouse. Please see vid attached! Thanks
Have you unbound everything apart from joystick in the azeron software?

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
To make it easier to work out when you get it right, go into a private training match ang go into settings where you choose controller or k&m and then try work out what is wrong. When you get it right the controller won’t be grayed out in settings. Have you got both cables from the zen plugged into the computer? Try unplug the azeron and check that the zen is showing up as controller and it works in the training match. Then we’ll sort the azeron connection problem out if it’s that mate.
Here is my rewsd keybind: https://www.rewasd.com/community/config/660b3461518b6d49d866bf984dc7af48

Last edited:

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
In your rewsd software I’m sure the keyboard and mouse next to the gampad2 should be grayed out. I also noticed there is no left stick bound in there on the azeron which might mess it up. It also might be the grouping you did which explains the controller and mouse not grayed out. I connected my mouse to the Cronus then plug that into pc both cables, in the rewsd software you will see it connect as gamepad and group that only with the azeron. To start with bind the joystick in the rewsd on the azeron then test. Add other buttons after that

Kingkiwi

Verified member
Jul 30, 2022
You will need a second mouse(and keyboard) to be able to switch to the game also mate. As soon as you switch the remap on everything in the group will only be good in the game. Unless you pull the mouse out of the Cronus put it in computer click back on the game then plug it back in the Cronus it will then register back as controller and your good to go

Last edited:

Skilledkilla

Aug 11, 2022
Aye man, thanks for the help, I’m at work currently but I’ll definitely try to unmap in azeron software. Don’t think I did that.. I’ll try your mapping link also.. haha I spotted the B,B,A slide cancel on your YouTube vid. I guess that’s no longer possible with cronus as it only will work for the mouse! I went from controller for 10 years to KnM a year ago and and figured out how to optimize my settings with cronus. Its been amazing however when I saw the azeron!! I knew this was the next step to be fully optimized. Having a mouse to precisely point and click along with the movement on the left stick.. aim assist and recoil control. Man this the future of gaming. Can’t wait to have it all set up right. Do you have what’s app/IG/FB so that we can troubleshoot!? Sendind videos in this thread is limited. Thanks again bro, I’ll let you know if I get it working hopefully