__Z__' s Azeron Build

lZl

Verified member
Aug 19, 2022
Hey guys, this will be a ongoing edited post as I go through a complete overhaul on my Azeron, having purchased it November 16, 2021, it hasn't even been a year yet and I have over 60 days of cumulative game time on it, that's not saying I've used it 60 days.... I literally have 60 days worth of hours total on the unit.

I only have a few design complaints about the Azeron, some of these are from the manufacturing side, which does not matter as much when you're 3d printing parts, however, I will say from a gaming perspective GUYS THE BUTTONS YOU USE ALONG THE VERY TOP OF THE COMPACT FEEL LIKE GARBAGE and are 50% useless (at least to myself for FPS gaming). But more on this later.

After 60 days of use, she still seems to perform fairly well, biggest issues I have had are missing feet, my stick is getting quite worn out (no anti friction ring), and the stick also has a pretty fair amount of drift on it at this point, it's been used to the point where it doesn't quite want to return to full 0 and gets stuck ha.

That being said, I have had 0 button failures, my hat off to these guys for IMO making the best hands down PC gaming style controller on the market, I think anyone who sees a keyboard as being better is a nut job, but what do I know.

Little background on myself, I am a 33 (I think, I stopped keeping track) year old CPI/Design Engineer in the states, with a background in manufacturing industry as well. I own my own 3d printer, have my own CAD software, and have various contacts through the machining and fabrication world......

So you know damn well now that's she's good and worn in, it's time for some upgrades.

But first the tear down.... initially when I was taking this apart I had no intent to document this, but figured I might as well. So these initial pictures aren't very glamorous.

20220818_180117.jpg
20220818_180145.jpg

20220818_180819.jpg
20220818_181553.jpg

As for upgrades, more to come, lots of ideas, we will see what all ends up being tangible. Every upgrade I go through and make will be available to others, whether that's through means of just being a freebie or transaction will just very on the degree of time I have to put into it.

Things on the docket include.

(Disclaimer, I play COD, and COD, and also, COD, so the statement below is 100% aimed towards increasing my efficiency at 1 singular game)

First and foremost for me.... I want to design a new arm type for the compact to eliminate the top 4 buttons that you have to remove your fingers from the Azeron to actuate, while they make work for other applications, I am about efficiency when gaming, so rather than use those 4, I just set up a mode shift when using my pinkie. I enjoy a compact and sleek design that doesn't have extra parts, so this change is very personal preference.

I will also be doing the PSP joystick mod with a movement reduction ring and cover to again maximize efficiency when moving with as little thumb movement as possible.

Lastly replacing all the Omron switches with Omron D2FC-F-K switches.

Other changes include

1. Clear arms with led lighting
2. Clear push buttons with led lighting
3. Replacement arms changing button layout configurations
4. Aluminum replacement parts such as arms, arm extensions, and buttons
5. Replacement buttons with recess for pre cut lizard skin (not a fan of plastic on nail feeling)
5. Replacement joystick modules with surround

Those are in no particular order, as of right now most of the stuff I will be working on surrounds the compact more specifically, at least until around the holidays, I would like to purchase another Azeron around that time.

Also to be clear NO PARTS I create will be replicates of the original Azeron parts, everything will be a new design and shape, but have the same function in the end.

I think Azeron is IMO the future of competitive PC gaming, so I am excited to see where their products go.

This has been my Ted Talk haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: twiget