Azeron disable

DrWags

Jan 24, 2022
Been using the compact for a while and it is a great controller thanks. Wondering if there is anyway to add a toggle in software to temporarily disable the azeron/joystick? The reason I would want this is that windows is dumb basically. When I want to play a game with my xbox controller some games aren't coded well enough to figure out the difference between the azeron joystick and the xbox joystick so the only way to use the gamepad in those games is to unplug the azeron which is of course annoying.

I used to have the logitech keypad and I could disable it through windows devices to achieve the same effect but can't do this with the azeron.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Been using the compact for a while and it is a great controller thanks. Wondering if there is anyway to add a toggle in software to temporarily disable the azeron/joystick? The reason I would want this is that windows is dumb basically. When I want to play a game with my xbox controller some games aren't coded well enough to figure out the difference between the azeron joystick and the xbox joystick so the only way to use the gamepad in those games is to unplug the azeron which is of course annoying.

I used to have the logitech keypad and I could disable it through windows devices to achieve the same effect but can't do this with the azeron.

Just a thought.

Thanks
Controllers will conflict with each other, so unplugging is the only way, unfortunately.

Zeanon

Jan 11, 2022
I dont know whether you have tried that(could be what you meant with "disabled it through windows devices") but have you tried disabling it via the device manager?
You could even write a little batch file, that would enable/disable the device(by disabling the drivers via pnputil)
That solution always worked for me with my swiftpoint Z and my razer tartarus pro

DrWags

Jan 24, 2022
That is what I used to do but now in device manager no azeron device is listed they are all hid compliant keyboards etc and in printers and devices only option is remove not disable. I will check out pnputil though thanks.

Zeanon

Jan 11, 2022
I just noticed you can switch your preferred game controller in windows
Just search for gamecontroller in the search bar and then go on advanced, maybe that helps as well

Reactions: Im this guy

DrWags

Jan 24, 2022
No unfortunately that never works in my experience. Some games just pick the first visible controller no matter what it is set to in windows.