Unable to use Azeron on PS5

scottssj5

Dec 31, 2022
I just got my Azeron Cyborg a few days ago, and I'm absolutely loving it! Makes a difference in my response time in games for sure on PC and I likely will never use keyboard again! 😁

The issue I've run into is that the keys on the Cyborg are not being recognized when I use it for the PS5. I have the keybinds saved on On Board profile #1. I plug in the Cyborg on my PS5 and it recognizes the Cyborg as a keyboard. The game I'm trying this with is Warframe and COD MW2. They work just fine with a keyboard and mouse. With the Cyborg, nothing happens when I press each keys. Profile 1 LED is lit up, but when I press the button to switch to #2, the second LED doesn't light up. FYI, it does light up and work just fine on PC. I have software version 1.1.1 and fireware version 78.

*EDIT* - After doing more research, seems like I need to have an XIM or Keymander 2 adapter to use it. If thats the case, Azeron should definitely consider native console support if possible.

Last edited:

Deserthor

Dec 30, 2022
I could use it without problems in warzone on my PS5 until a few days ago that was updated and asked me to restart my azeron, all keys work fine except the joystick, I do not know if I need to configure it in a way or something like that
I have 1 year using it without problem until now

scottssj5

Dec 31, 2022
I could use it without problems in warzone on my PS5 until a few days ago that was updated and asked me to restart my azeron, all keys work fine except the joystick, I do not know if I need to configure it in a way or something like that
I have 1 year using it without problem until now
I was on Azeron's discord and I was told on the tech support channel that there is apparently an issue on the cyborg models with the newer circuit boards that is preventing it from working on consoles, and that they're working on it. Thats the one I have, so it sounds you might have the one with the older circuit board with the reset button on the bottom of the unit.

1672569149760.png

gando_70

Jan 2, 2023
I just got my Azeron Cyborg a few days ago, and I'm absolutely loving it! Makes a difference in my response time in games for sure on PC and I likely will never use keyboard again! 😁

The issue I've run into is that the keys on the Cyborg are not being recognized when I use it for the PS5. I have the keybinds saved on On Board profile #1. I plug in the Cyborg on my PS5 and it recognizes the Cyborg as a keyboard. The game I'm trying this with is Warframe and COD MW2. They work just fine with a keyboard and mouse. With the Cyborg, nothing happens when I press each keys. Profile 1 LED is lit up, but when I press the button to switch to #2, the second LED doesn't light up. FYI, it does light up and work just fine on PC. I have software version 1.1.1 and fireware version 78.

*EDIT* - After doing more research, seems like I need to have an XIM or Keymander 2 adapter to use it. If thats the case, Azeron should definitely consider native console support if possible.
try to use software 1.0.0 and fw.69.
I use xim and ps4/xbox and with sw 1.1.0(1) and fw72(71) the analog didn't work anymore.
I had never updated the cyborg while the old classic remained at 58

Mariozo

Jan 5, 2023
Hi all,

From yesterday I'm happy owner of a Azeron Cyborg. I thought that I can play Warzone 2 on my PS5 with it but unfortunately after plug in nothing happened. I started research and I found this tread. Can you guys tell me is there any chance that in future I would be able to use it on my console and play with it same as with standard keyboard?

My Software Version: 1.1.2
Firmware version: 78

Thanks in advance for reply.

Reactions: Kunit

Kunit

Jan 7, 2023
hello , I have the same problem as above ( mariozo ) I got cyborg yesterday after a month of waiting and suddenly it turned out that it no longer works with ps5. Please let me know when and if this issue will be resolved? if not, I have to return the goods because I bought it only because I can't play wz2 on a ps5 game on venomx4. Regards

Quad

Jan 7, 2023
I have been using Azeron Classic for a long time and just purchased Cyborg this month.
My Azeron Classic runs on Green PCB (teensy?).
Of course it works on PS5 as well. But Cyborg is not.

I opened the palm rest and confirmed that the PCB used in Cyborg is Black PCB.
I have heard that this is a measure prepared by Azeron to deal with the problem of semiconductor shortages.

Is this Black PCB specification or firmware issue preventing it from being used on PS5?
Has anyone confirmed that a Cyborg with Black PCB is working on PS5?

M1keHunt

Jan 18, 2023
Just got my azeron cyborg compact yesterday and was super excited to finally try it out on my PS5 and ran into problem after problem. First off they didn’t make it very apparent that you need a windows OS to download the software so after trying my MacBook and Chromebook I drove to a family members house and got it all updated and bindings complete. I went back to my house just for it not to work at all. It looks like quite a few people are having the same problem so if anyone finds a resolution or notices an update please reply. Thank you.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Just got my azeron cyborg compact yesterday and was super excited to finally try it out on my PS5 and ran into problem after problem. First off they didn’t make it very apparent that you need a windows OS to download the software so after trying my MacBook and Chromebook I drove to a family members house and got it all updated and bindings complete. I went back to my house just for it not to work at all. It looks like quite a few people are having the same problem so if anyone finds a resolution or notices an update please reply. Thank you.
XIM adapter is required to run the Azeron on the console with the current firmware.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have been using Azeron Classic for a long time and just purchased Cyborg this month.
My Azeron Classic runs on Green PCB (teensy?).
Of course it works on PS5 as well. But Cyborg is not.

I opened the palm rest and confirmed that the PCB used in Cyborg is Black PCB.
I have heard that this is a measure prepared by Azeron to deal with the problem of semiconductor shortages.

Is this Black PCB specification or firmware issue preventing it from being used on PS5?
Has anyone confirmed that a Cyborg with Black PCB is working on PS5?
Green PCB with firmware up to v60 will work without the adapter for the games that support mouse and keyboard input.

The black PCB currently requires a XIM adapter.

Last edited:

Quad

Jan 7, 2023
Green PCB with firmware up to v60 will work without the adapter for the games that support mouse and keyboard input.

The black PCB currently requires a XIM or Keymander 2 adapter.
It seems unlikely that the Cyborg that runs on the black PCB will run on the PS5 without an attachment unless a fixed firmware is released.
I'll consider either waiting for the firmware to be released or reinventing the Black Cyborg into a Green Cyborg myself.

Teensy is so expensive that I don't want to modify it as much as possible...

Reactions: Im this guy

M1keHunt

Jan 18, 2023
XIM or Keymander 2 adapter is required to run the Azeron on the console with the current firmware.

XIM or Keymander 2 adapter is required to run the Azeron on the console with the current firmware.
Wish you guys would make this know before purchasing. So on top of paying $250 for the azeron itself, you also need to buy an adapter that cost $80+?! Most likely requesting a refund out of the inconvenience of requiring a windows PC and an additional adapter without telling your customers beforehand.

Bif

Feb 8, 2023
Thank you for contacting us. Current firmware requires a XIM adapter to run on the consoles. The priority for us is currently launching the new mouse software, which is expected at the end of this month. As soon as that is done, we will be looking into optimising the firmware for consoles. Have an awesome day!

This is the response I got from a support email. This must be the Tesla sales model. Sell hardware based solely on future software promises. Thing is, I had to ask them directly to get them to admit their product doesn’t work as advertised. At least Tesla tells you upfront that you’re paying for a feature now that you can maybe someday use.

Whoever decided to ship these black pcb boards without console support made a pretty big blunder.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
This is the response I got from a support email. This must be the Tesla sales model. Sell hardware based solely on future software promises. Thing is, I had to ask them directly to get them to admit their product doesn’t work as advertised. At least Tesla tells you upfront that you’re paying for a feature now that you can maybe someday use.

Whoever decided to ship these black pcb boards without console support made a pretty big blunder.
It does state on the website that XIM adapter is required to use on consoles.
We had to switch to black PCBs because of the chip shortage in the world

Quad

Jan 7, 2023

I am very happy if this is true.
Because now I'm using Classic(Green PCB) and the Cyborg(Black PCB) is dusty on my desk.
To avoid further problems and suspicions, I prefer not to use XIM.
Looking forward to the software update.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I am very happy if this is true.
Because now I'm using Classic(Green PCB) and the Cyborg(Black PCB) is dusty on my desk.
To avoid further problems and suspicions, I prefer not to use XIM.
Looking forward to the software update.
You can swap the green PCB into Cyborg and use that instead, for now. You will have to re-flash the classic fw with cyborg fw.

Quad

Jan 7, 2023
You can swap the green PCB into Cyborg and use that instead, for now. You will have to re-flash the classic fw with cyborg fw.
That's true.
But if the swap fails and both Azerons stop working, I'll wait for an update.

Bif

Feb 8, 2023
Any progress on the firmware with console support? Am I reading this blog post correctly when I say that you expected to have this work done a half year ago?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Any progress on the firmware with console support? Am I reading this blog post correctly when I say that you expected to have this work done a half year ago?
Should be fixed now. Download the latest software and upgrade to latest firmware.