"Random" winner for giveaway

nnn

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
What exactly is the meaning of a contest if it is random? Winning randomly is not a contest it is a lottery.
And if it is a lottery, then why should we submit our designs? Since, it wouldnt matter what we designed, matter of fact, we may as well just submit an all black one each month until we win by chance.

This makes no sense, or if it does, please let me know cuz I cant see the logic.

Make it so that we would put effort into our designs AND that it would matter and that the winner would be one whom had a nice design, even if that is not 100% fair since "subjectivity" and all that, but you are the judges and you chose regarding your own taste, whats the problem here?

All the best :)
(ps. would love it if you did something about the high cost shipping methods)

Savva

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2021
www.azeron.eu
Hey! 🤝
You are absolutely right about the "subjectivity" of other forum members' tastes and opinions. We do not want to be the judges and choose the design, that seems "best" to us. Instead, we encourage everyone to design a keypad that they would like to have for free - whether it is all-black or a custom beast - and give everyone the fair chance to get it.
That does not mean the current rules of the GW сannot change.

Reactions: nnn

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
What exactly is the meaning of a contest if it is random? Winning randomly is not a contest it is a lottery.
And if it is a lottery,
Well it's not really a contest, it's more like a random giveaway as the winner is randomly picked. You make the keypad of your dreams only as the prize you win in the event your name is picked as the winner.

Horomancer

Apr 24, 2022
Why does it matter what it is called?

I personally think this is the better way, whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWisTeD

nnn

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
Hey! 🤝
You are absolutely right about the "subjectivity" of other forum members' tastes and opinions. We do not want to be the judges and choose the design, that seems "best" to us. Instead, we encourage everyone to design a keypad that they would like to have for free - whether it is all-black or a custom beast - and give everyone the fair chance to get it.
That does not mean the current rules of the GW сannot change.
I see! Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: TWisTeD